Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 66

Thread: NEW KEITH CARLOCK WEBSITE

  1. #1
    Inactive Member juanexpo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2003
    Posts
    228
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Keith Carlock?s site:

    www.keithcarlock.com

    Easy to navigate, a lot of info, mp3s, one video until now, etc...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member shedder's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2002
    Posts
    533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    there is something about this guy's technique that irks me like no other (10x more than steve smith). [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] but he is playing with sting and i am not so boo. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Lucius74's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2004
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really like Keith's playing... It just really does something for me.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Frank Sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2003
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Shedder-

    To what are you referring regarding his technique? To me, he appears incredibly stiff. (I have only seen him 3 times on TV.)

    Take Care All. F.S.

  5. #5
    cjbdrm
    Guest cjbdrm's Avatar
    Maybe it's the fact that he's flipping everybody off the way he holds his sticks...

    Go to www.keithcarlock.com and look at picture...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sjj123's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    328
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Shedder...I agree w/ that. I don't like watching him much....what is it about Smiths technique that bothers you?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Nikk's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2001
    Posts
    307
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Carlock does certainly does look a bit strange when he plays. He has one of the weirdest looking left hands I've seen. Perhaps his technique is to be applauded, though. Seems as if his strange technique is born of the need to fully serve the music he plays. If you think about the Krantz gig, it's totally greasy and swampy. His techniqe looks like it should service such music. Ya dig?

  8. #8
    cjbdrm
    Guest cjbdrm's Avatar

    Post

    His arm motions may seem a bit exaggerated, or 'showy', but I think it's just his application of the Moeller technique, utilizing more arm motion...I think non-musicians get off on it...it kind of draws your attention to the drummer when you see a blur of sticks moving around a kit. Hmmmm...maybe I should do more of this...seems to be working for him. I look more like Jeff when I play, belching and all :-)

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SeattleDrumKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2004
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Keith Carlock, Ari Hoenig and Steve Hass all look weird. I mean, when they play. haha. Yet they are some of the most inventive musical drummers on the New York scene. Keith's left hand is simply amazing. He plays 16th note grooves at 130 with both hands playing 16th notes and his left hand playing the backbeat accents. Hoenig does the same, so does Hass and Pelton. All different though. I haven't seen anyone play like that anywhere else in the world. Other guys like Vinnie and Novak have a very linear approach which I also love. I've seen Hoenig and Hass do both. Pelton is pure grease and Carlock is pure sound and touch. Besides, Steely Dan, Sting? I mean come on. The kid rocks.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member shedder's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2002
    Posts
    533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i don't see it, i don't hear it, i just don't get it. what is the big deal with this guy? not to talk crap about him but i think his solos aren't musicial, his groove doesn't feel that great, and his technique makes me want to gag. i mean i totally understand that as long as it sounds and feels good that technique shouldn't matter that much but he doesn't sound good to me. I'M SORRY I JUST DON'T HEAR IT! can someone please recommend an album or something cus i can't bare to watch another video. is it just me or does everyone think this guy is good?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •